Thursday, July 26, 2012

sunset


I thought I would tell you about my evening the other night.
It was hot. We now have summer at the equator! (I am glad I am heading back to Ontario summer.) The days are up to 90'. The humidity is 75%. The sky is clear so the sun is damn hot. It hardly drops temperature at all as the sun sets.
Tim was at work.
So I went to the pool.
It was that magical half hour before sunset. I went in the pool, barely a few degrees cooler than the air and floated on my back for half an hour. I looked at the turquoise sky of just pre-sunset. The towers of our complex framed my view. The moon arrived, a sliver. The same moon as you. The stars started to come out as the sky got darker.
I was the only one in the pool. It was idyllic.
A lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment