Thursday, July 5, 2012

a few thousand words about the chinese herbs

I am trying Traditional Chinese medicine herbs. I am in Asia, and it has been around for thousands of years.
I drink this sludge that I prepare. I have been given a bag of wood shavings and scraps from the forest floor, to boil up and drink. Whether it will show in the photo, but in the "stuff" are wood chips, flowers, leaves, twigs, corms that look just like yellow worms, and, ready for this? the shells of beetles. And  have no idea what else. But it comes from a TCM hospital.
Now, I was your biggest sceptic.
I boil this stuff, strain it and drink the sludge twice a day. It looks awful, smells disgusting and tastes worse. But I throw it down my throat, and manage to do it. I have to say I am feeling better. My massage therapist said she sees a huge difference in my muscles.
I really don't want to think about it.
It just says how badly I want to get better.



Okay, I see your eyes rolling to the ceiling. So be it. I feel better.

This damn comfort box. I am out of it again!

We are off on another jaunt. Tim has 5 days off next week and we are going to take three days and fly to Ho Chi Min City. It is a 1 1/2 hour flight. We will stay in an old hotel, The Majestic Saigon (!)  right on the main drag. It looks old British. Not terribly fancy, I don't think, but right where everything is. We will do downtown HCM City, museums and galleries, hopefully the Cu Chi tunnels (used by the VN during the war to pest the Americans, museums about "The American War"!
Apparently the food is fabulous and we will get great french food. And pho, of course.

21 days til we head home, but who's counting!

103 visits to my blog the last 7 days!!!!!! WOW

No comments:

Post a Comment