Thursday, January 26, 2012

when it works it really works

I will be judicious about my post because I write this with a wrist brace on. (thank you Mary) I probably shouldn't be typing at all, but I want to have the contact.
Norm, our dear friend told us about a friend of his, Fabrice, who is an at-home Dad here in the building and he has a little business of delivering wine to the door. So last week I emailed him, and within half an hour had 12 bottles delivered to the apt. Wines from where we were last year in Provence! The deal is a convenience not a cost saving. But you have to try these things, right? Anyway, in chatting, he said he had a friend up one over one 24-06 (we are 23-05) from Winnipeg. A chiropractor. So I got his email. This would be a week ago, before  New Year, and everything shut down for 5 days here. But up and running today, and I was at his office this morning. An extensive consultation, and he sent me for X-rays. I went across town and in to this office filled with people. I thought the rest of the day would be spent there waiting. Well I was out of there in half an hour, with my X-rays, to take back to chiro, Casey, and will have a second consultation, with the X-rays, tomorrow at 11, and a treatment. Pretty good eh? Then a second treatment Saturday. When it works it really works.
To add to everything we are dealing with, I thought I was getting allergies. Lungs hurt, coughing, exhausted, but Casey says it is probably the flu. There are two going around this Spring (?), one intestinal, one respiratory. I am hoping it is allergies, and my stuff I have brought with me to treat that (nasal rinse, nasal spray, etc), will do it in. Otherwise he said this bug lasts 6 TO 8 WEEKS!!!! I sure hope I don't give it to Tim! Or haven't already. He is in his "refrigerator", a bedroom he closes off and runs the AC to keep it cool, to keep him awake. Hard to study in humid heat. Hard to study. Exam tomorrow. Wish him luck.
I was going to learn to add photos to my post. I am going to. But I haven't yet. They need to be jpeg, and I don't know yet how to make my iPhotos ipeg. I wanted to send photos of New Year's.
Nancy and I went down to Chinatown mid afternoon. Not too crowded, but not to be fussy, it was just like Chinatown. Except these added booths out front of the stores, with hawkers selling the tackiest, as only the Chinese can do, red lanterns, red dragons, flowers, pussy willows, some dyed bright green and red, stuffed animals, balloon animals. Lots of stuff. It was hot. We were getting tired so we opted for a cool drink. In an air-conditioned restaurant. Ended up in a Korean Restaurant for a diet coke. They were filming a spot for New Year's Eve banquet meal (I guess). Then more wandering, and past a reflexology place, and we thought a treatment might allow us to last longer in to the evening. So sat and had a treatment. What a difference to the other place I have gone. I didn't feel it was sanitary. My feet on the same towel as everybody before me. A minimal wipe of the feet with a hot towel. And then I got this suomi  wrestler, with a toothless grin sit down in front of me. "Oh no" I said. He worked on me, and I mean worked on me, didn't really check in with me if it hurt too much, I would have to sort of kick to get his attention to lighten up. He was busy talking and laughing with his colleagues. Didn't have the same energy and good feeling after. The next morning I woke up with all these red patches over my shins. From him pressing so hard with not enough cream (nivea!)
At any rate we continued to wander, the crowds getting thicker, tried for 2 Chinese restaurants for supper, and ended up at a VietNamese restaurant. So in Chinatown, New Year's Eve and we go Korean and VietNamese! We were waiting for a concert to start but an hour and a quarter after it was billed to start, we gave up. The crowds to get in to the MRT were so thick coming out, we were glad we were leaving. And then the skies opened up, and there was such a down pour. I wonder if their fire works were okay. We were really glad we left. So much for New Year's Eve! In bed by 10 p.m.
Giving my wrists a break. Signing off.

1 comment:

  1. too funny about new years! you never know what will happen, I guess. Next year you need a local to guide you around (not necessarily that sumo wrestler guy.) It seems little by little you are discovering new neighbours. Kind of neat....
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete