Sunday, January 8, 2012

This is still the journey

We stayed in our own place last night!!!!! IKEA arrived with our beds and mattresses yesterday afternoon. We have queens for two guest rooms set up. ahem ahem.
Our friends Rod and Nancy arrived and they are staying with us until they get beds for their apt. They are in a building across the way. We look at their balcony and will be able to send semaphore to meet down at the pool!
We now have wireless in our place! Yippee! I feel connected. AND so far my computer is just fine. AND I am learning my iPad. Next iPhone. Off this aft to get a sim card. AND get a mop and pail. I have booked a cleaning lady who will start next Wednesday.
This afternoon I am off to manpower to get fingerprinted for my dependant's pass. Then a few days for it to process. Things are moving along. Slowly.
The stories of sitting by the pool and travelling off to Bali will be forth coming (Apparently you do groupon coupons for trips, see when you have 4 days off and do a groupon for 2 nights,/3 days to Bali). Learned this at a party Saturday night. A Tiger New Years party for those who were flying over the holidays. It's interesting, seems Tiger is a real "family" because people are from every where; Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Britain, Barbados, South Africa, so being away from family, the work culture becomes family. Kind of like ski buddies at Silver Star. So there are lots of parties. The women who have been here a while are wonderfully helpful about connecting- i.e. traveling, yoga, shopping, whatever.
I seem to be in such a hurry always when I go to do a post. Things will settle out soon and I will have more time.
But I am sitting in my living room, wirelessly posting this, a breeze blowing through the apartment. The day is overcast, around 27', and life is getting better. I should say less stressful. We are getting there. This is still the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment