Friday, January 6, 2012

I thought the journey was the destination

Well the journey is over. It was a slug. We are here but oh my. Any of you who have lived in Asia know what I mean. We will forget this part when it is over and have moved in to the system. BUT!!! The processes to be followed  are breath taking. We spent 5 hours at Tiger. Sat around, awaiting the form to the application for T. for an employment pass, and J the dependants pass. She had to have my marriage certificate. For 30 years I have never needed my marriage certificate, but in going through packing up papers at home, I stuck it in to bring. Why? But thank goodness I did. She had to photocopy it 6 times! After 5 hours all we had were the application forms to then we go to Manpower to get our forms. Tim went to get his, was fingerprinted and goes back Wed to get his pass. I go Monday to get fingerprinted. We got bank accounts but it took hours, forms, and giving them S$10,000 we don't have access to our money for at first they said 3 weeks !!!! and got it down to 3 days. So hopefully today we will have an account and access to the money using the cards they have given us. OY
And yet in getting cable/internet/telephone, ran upstairs to buy a tv at 4, asked when they could deliver, they said 5. At 4:30 they were at our place and had to wait 1/2/hour till we got home to let it in.
Our agent took us around one afternoon, taking us to computer hospital for my mac, then to Starhub for internet. He gave us 4 hours of his time, $20 in parking expenses. Amazing. My mac has been sick, bought a new keyboard. Gmail it being cantankerous and does not keep my passwords, but seem to be on okay now. I feel so isolated with out my computer connected.
Have to go to an expat auction with R&N.
Again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like Fort Knox!!! Crazy........
    Yes, you will look back at this all one day and laugh - HA HA.
    Miss you,

    ReplyDelete