Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Okay laugh at me if you must

I went out to the airport last night to meet Jane. I checked her email for her flight details probably 8 times. Because departure from where ever is not the same day as arrival, I checked so often. Leaves Narita 5:55 pm arrives 12:45 next day.

I was out there good and early, and flight 803 was delayed two hours. I sat there getting sleepier and sleepier. Then around 1:30 am I checked the email details once more and actually read what it said. Leaving Narita Wednesday, arriving Thursday. I was 24 hours early!!

I even took my iPad to a guy waiting for the same flight, and said this does say she is arriving tomorrow, not today. I couldn't believe with all the checking I did I didn't read it properly. I find that very disconcerting. Scary even. What else do I inadvertently mis-read.

So I grabbed a cab home, to bed at 2:30 am!!! and waiting another 24 hours. I will be going out soon - Wednesday night for Thursday am arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment