Sunday, January 12, 2014

Have to get a bigger palette!

A few days ago I was having lunch with a friend. She asked where we had gone before Christmas. For the life of me I could not remember where we had gone. It was embarrassing and ridiculous. I know I have a bad memory, but yikes. I say my hard drive is too full. I think my blank palette is far from blank.

I am going to have to make a list of where we went when. My blog is like a diary to help me. But there are places I know I have been but can't keep them straight...Moalboal, Trawangen, Nikoi, oh it will take some time.

I know the first year we were here I think it was 13 currencies I had.

I have been busy with planning the next month. Tim and I leave Tuesday morning (he gets in from a flight he is working- an all-nighter to India) and I will meet him with his bag and we will get on a plane to Indonesia, to Bali. Me for the third time! To Ubud. I went with Elizabeth a year ago. She knew of it from her Anthropology at university. We loved it. Then I went with Gwen in November. Tim has decided it sounds interesting, so I will go again.

We will visit the Green School. I know to go for lunch there. They have the most fantastic cafe there. Oh the sweets. We will do a market tour/cooking class.

Home for an overnight and off to Palawan. It is a large collection of islands to the west of Manila. So we will fly to Manila, overnight at the airport and fly on to Peurto Princesa on Palawan. The diving and snorkelling is supposed to be great. I hope so. I actually have been disappointed. Nowhere here have I seen the coral like the Bahamas. The visibility is not as good either, but that is because of fierce currents as two huge bodies of water meet. Warm Pacific, and cooler Indian. Makes for much plankton.

We are there a week so I do hope it is good. 5 days at a regular hotel, and 2 nights at a very fancy place (I hope) where the hotel rooms are villas on stilts out from the beach. Has to be seen to be believed. I will document.

I have some photos of Langkawi. I don't have Tim's yet. They are much better, but these are a few of mine.

You have to imagine this beach with no one on it. Tim was snorkelling off the beach at a wall, and I was taken to the beach with some others. The snorkelling was off the beach. I went in ALONE. I was the only person on that beach. Then the boats started arriving. I was told there were 1,000 people at one point. There would be 2,000 the next day because it was a holiday! It was great that people could snorkel without knowing how to swim. The fish are right up to the beach.




 We took a boat tour along a river out to the ocean. It was along sand shores, with these magnificent volcanoes in the distance.



In a boat like this. Just us, our own boat.



Here's the happy couple.


 Passed a fishing ground for eagles. We watched them soar and dive, and it was wonderful. I can't remember if I have mentioned that we bought a painting in December. To take to Muskoka, It is of an Asian eagle, in this photo. They are a wonderful reddish brown with white. Beautiful.



Through a mangrove forest inhabited by these monkeys.
They were very close to us, and looked like they wanted to jump on.
They are cute. But they are wild.



I will hunt up some of Tim's.
My next ones will be Bali, and Philippines!
It sounds wild. It is.

No comments:

Post a Comment