Friday, May 24, 2013

a bit of calm


I had such a fling for a few weeks. Things are quieter now. In fact I have some kind of bug which laid me low for 2 days and 6 days later I am still coughing a lot, and blowing a lot, and my ears are blocked. I called the dr but found out it is a national holiday today. I have no idea what holiday, but it makes a long weekend for the country.

So I am back to my routine; yoga, gym, osteo, swimming and massage. Life is tough. It really is a life of living in a resort. Pretty darn nice. I just found out our little store downstairs, like a corner store, which amazes me at all the stuff they carry, will be closing for 3 weeks reno. It sure could use a paint job. But it is so convenient. If I need something I will have to take a bus, or cab to a big grocery store. Maybe the two other condo properties have a little handy store I can use.

At least for part of it we are away. Tim has 5 days holidays  and we put it with his days off and we have 12 days for a bigger trip.

And if $$$ means bigger, that it is. We are going to go to South Africa. I am pulling my "It's a chance of a life time. We will never be back here and we should bite the bullet and maybe draw on some $$ back home, to do this". So it will be pricey. Not a cheap Asian escape. It seems that we are making a triangle with home. It is 20 hours (I think) to Durban SA from here. And 20 hours to Canada.

We will only do Cape Town and a safari out of Durban. The safari looks amazing and has come very recommended by my friend Kate. (She is from Durban and went to this one, Vlei, for her honeymoon).
If you want to google &beyond, then safaris in South Africa, Phinda, and then Vlei or Rock. We may go to both. They have a 4 nights for the cost  of 3 so will still have to work it out. But it will be amazing.

You get yourself to Durban and they fly you out on a little airplane. Just like in the movies! And novels! Cape Town is supposed to be fabulous and we are by-passing Joburg. So just the two destinations. Very exciting. June 5-15.

The downer is there is no Tilleys here, so I haven't got the safari outfits! Yoga stuff will  have to do. I googled the weather and it looks that it goes up to high 20"s 30 in the afternoon, but down to maybe 10 at night. And we are in tents! And have our private pool. Wonder if the animals know it is private!

A lovely very non-Singaporean vignette. We were coming home from a movie, and on the MRT, and this fellow asked me if I wanted his seat. This happens all the time- only because of my grey hair!. I said no thank you. and in a full voice asked me how old I was. Smiles around us. I think the guy had had a few, but he continued a conversation at full voice. About my age!

I was at Fair Price the other day. My grocery store. And in the check out line a young Asian boy, maybe 5, on this mother's hip, asked me if the man in front checking out, was my friend. I said no, so he asked if I had any friends. I assured him yes, . Well where are they!

My yoga studio does classes for kids. To see these little 3-6 year olds doing hand stands, shoulder stands. It is wonderful. And very entertaining.

We have gone to two HD 3D movies. Iron Man 3 and Star Trek. Not my kind of movie, but I bank the brownie points for when I want Tim to come to a chick flick with me. I have a nice balance in the bank!

Do you know that one day last week there were 48 hits on my post? WOW


No comments:

Post a Comment