Tuesday, May 14, 2013

You gotta love synchronicity


The high continues.

I invited some friends over for a glass of wine. These wonderful yoga teachers who have been so supportive and kind and instructive. I wanted to say thank you. I sent out an email invitation to "Jane's Team" 3 yoga teachers and a fellow yoga student whom I met on the retreat last October, and who lives around the corner.

They all four live within  a few blocks of here.

I wanted to ask my massage therapist, Suzi, who works downstairs at the spa in our complex, but doesn't live close by. I wanted to ask her, but Monday is her day off, and she would have had a trek to get here.

I went downstairs to the back gate to let Kate in, and on our way back, there was Suzi! Back for the evening to the little bar we have downstairs. I grabbed her and said you have to come up stairs for a glass. So Suzi, who is definitely a part of "my team" was there to meet the other women.

And what a group of women! Wonderful, and wonderful to me. And short. They are all around 5', the tallest 5'3". Now I am only 5'7" but felt very tall that evening. The hilarious laughter in the photos is because they were all on their tip toes, and I scrunched down!


Karen, Suzi, Kate, me
 Marion, Karen, Kate, me , Anita

The wonderful week continues. Last night went to Ironman 3, in 3D and HD. $38 for the 2 of us. Amazing what technology they have. Marvel characters are not my style (more the Paris Opera, Also Sprach Zarathustra type!!) but  it was amazing.

Singapore does movie "gold class" where you spend about $50 a ticket, but only 12 in the theatre, you are served complimentary food and drink throughout the screening. In a reclining lounge chair. It is like flying first class (I think- I wouldn't know) I want to do it once before we go. When doing big, glitzy , and posh posh nobody does it like Singapore.



No comments:

Post a Comment