Monday, September 3, 2012

It's time to leave

I am leaving in 1 1/2 days. I am sad. It has been so wonderful to see my kids, my sisters, my friends. I have eaten out most meals and am a stuffed sausage heading home.
AND I am so much better. Is it the Muskoka air? Is it just time passing? Is it doing yoga every morning? Is it being so damn happy?
It is probably a little bit of all those things.
But also I have had some appointments with my chiropractor, who does acupuncture and active relief therapy.
AND I also have done 2 appointments of myofascial release therapy. It was not what I was expecting. I thought it would be a deep massage. It is a little new age, but I feel remarkably better for two appointments with her. The theory is fascia is throughout our bodies, holding everything in place- between muscles and skin ( you know when you skin a chicken- that clear film over the meat - fascia), holding organs in place in our abdomen. If it gets locked/frozen anywhere in the body it can affect you anywhere. By treating one area, you actually treat the whole body. Sounds new age to me, but I sure feel better for it. I had been told my remaining problem was that my connective tissue was locked up. Tendons. Well, the MFR certainly has helped that. Unfortunately she does not know of anyone in Singapore doing this technique. But she does in Perth. I might  have to head to Perth for a few days for intensive treatment.
Last week I had to lock up Southwinds. For the first time in my life. My mother was always there. Bittersweet. Also I don't know when I will be back. It could be 2 years. Ouch.
In TO I have seen the kids, and I was a part of Heidi and Alex's move to TO. I am so glad to see where they are going to be living, so I can think of them in their context. They have a great apartment in a great area, Lesleyville. It will be terrific for them.
I went to visit my sister in Port Colborne, saw her kids and grandkids there, and  had an evening with my sister Marnie. Lots of visiting.
One very special thing I did was be a part of "Kelley's tree". My dearest friend Kelley died 1 1/2 years ago and last summer we planted a tree in her memory , at Toronto Island. We said we would do an annual visit, take a photo each year, and watch the tree grow in our photos each year. The luncheon happened while I was here, so I was a part of the gathering. It so warmed my heart to be there. A wonderful tribute to Dear Kell.
This visit home is going to have to do me for a while. The kids are coming to Singapore in January. I hope to get back next summer/fall to do Stratford and Shaw with them. I love theatre so much and really hope to keep our visits annual. But we are not moving home until January  2014.
Right now, Singapore seems a long way away. From here. From the kids. From family. From friends.
But it is beautiful there, and we do have some great trips. And Tim is there. So I am very split.
Next post will be back in Singapore. 26 hours of traveling on Wednesday. I am dreading that. Yuck.


Til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment