Friday, August 24, 2012

Hi, I'm back. Remember me?

Well what a time I am having. That cement between the bricks of friendship, has been attended to. It is absolutely wonderful.
Went to TO and spent an afternoon with Elizabeth, watching her prepare her lunches. 22 lunches! for one day. She is working so hard, does it so well and I am so impressed with what she does. It was a treat to see her in action. Lilly's Lunches.
Had lunch with her, and Heidi was able to join us. I was like a cheshire cat, my two girls and I out for a spontaneous lunch together. It doesn't get much better than that.
The four of us, Alex, Heidi, Elizabeth and I went to Stratford. We saw Much Ado about Nothing at the Festival Theatre. It was fabulous. We then  went to the Avon for You Are a good Man Charlie Brown. First time ever I have been bored by a Stratford production. As I was looking at my watch to see how long to intermission, I saw the others were too. We left at intermission. Very disappointed. No story line at all, just musical dance numbers, miked way to loud, and I just hope the little ones in the audience were happy. We had a visit at A&H's in Kitchener, but we were all so tired we didn't stay long. A&H had driven from Ottawa to the 2 p.m. performance in Stratford.
They are so busy now. Alex is working on the by-election in Waterloo, and they are moving this Saturday to TO. They had driven to Ottawa to see Jill, Heidi's Mom, who was in from Fredericton. Then drove to Stratford for the matinee Sunday. Busy times. It is a good thing they are as young as they are.
I have been back up to Bala. The weather changed, and it was quite Fall-like (hence the pic of the red leaf) but I have been in  swimming every day. One day I got in to my waist, it was cold and the wind was blowing. I said to myself this feels like October, I don't need this. But as the sun set, the wind went down, and I went in. The weather has turned back to like late July, warm in the day, and not dropping much at night. It is glorious.
I had my book club up, overnight. I think we did spend a few minutes on the book. Not sure! And friends have been visiting.
I am happy. Muskoka, friends, beautiful weather. It is a good combination.
(One photo is me showing off my Au Xai, from Vietnam, to my friends)









No comments:

Post a Comment