Thursday, August 16, 2012

I am in another paradise

I am in Bala. It is wonderful to be home. I don't think I ever want to eat again!
We have been so busy since arriving July 29.
We saw our daughter Elizabeth our first night here. Friends, Val and Steve picked us up at my sister Marnie's , where we stay in TO, and we went down to the pub "The Victory", (where she works, to pay the rent.) It was wonderful to see her, and to see what her work involves. The next morning we met her for brunch. Can't get too  much of her. We then drove to Bala (2 hours north of TO) and had 24 big hours here. Seeing sisters Judy and Marnie, and quick hellos. Then my Judy lent me her car for 10 days! One sister gives me her home, another gives me her car. WE picked up a rental car for Tim on our way in to the city. Pretty nice, eh? La?
To TO Sunday night. Appointments for both of us, running around, dinner at friend Jane Morgan's, running around, slushy party with old Connaught Circle neighbours, I had high tea with girlfriends at The Windsor Arms, shopping for bathing suits , saw friends at Wellspring for literally 5 minutes. Wednesday off to Kitchener to see Alex and Heidi. They could not get in to TO. So a lovely evening out, a good meal, sleepover, and from there to Bala Thursday a.m.. Friday prep for Mom's Celebration of Life Sunday. Made my chocolate cake for 100. Kids came up for the weekend. Bala Regatta Saturday, always fun, have gone every year of my life, I think. Not to participate every year , but maybe when we are back!!!!
Mom's Celebration was amazing, as I have already told you. We figure about 100 people. Mom always said no one will come to her funeral, they will all be gone. Well she was the grand Matriarch, and many came to see her off. It was a superb day.
It has been crazy since.
Friends has d a dinner party at Sherwood Inn.
We had a potluck bbq for BC ski buddies from Ontario area. 30 odd came. We had a ball. Such wonderful people,who bring the most wonderful pot luck! But they bring hostess gifts with no label. These lovely little prezzies but I don't know from whom!
Next day we drove to LOB, Tim's family place, and had 30 odd for a pot luck bbq there. Again, a huge and wonderful group of friends.
Next day back to Bala because Sunday we had cake ( bakery cake with a photo of the Tiger Airplane on it , thank you Dave Sherk- Haddon Press, and Katie at Bala Bakery), about 25 people.
I took Tim to the airport Tuesday. He is home , arrived 3 a.m. 78'!
As you can see it has been not stop party. But I am thrilled. I hosted all these parties, because I wanted Tim to see as many friends as he could, only being here, (and here is Bala, mostly) for 2 weeks. Well, we did it. I am exhausted. It was wonderful. Memories of these weeks will get  me through the lonely nights in Singapore.
I am a people person, and friends and family are the most important thing in my life. Being back to Canada, to cement those relationships has been good. I would like to take a blog to wax poetic on this aspect of being in Singapore. But right now, I am revving too high.
I am off soon for coffee at my cousins, with sister, sister-in-law, cousin/friend Ro, and other women. Oh, those hormones fed while chewing with female friends. I so need that. Yum.
I am feeling better. I am sleeping better. I am moving better. Is it time passing? Is it the cool and dry? Is it the endorphins being fed? I still have a ways to go, but it is definitely better.
I have 3 more weeks here. Lots to do. Re house, re renting it, re dealing with Mom's belongings, re re re . But I am in Bala, I am in Muskoka, I am happy.
Next weekend Stratford with the kids!








No comments:

Post a Comment