Friday, April 18, 2014

well here I am back again, so soon

Packing up in the hottest weather we have experienced. No breeze and the awful humidity on top of the heat. YUCK

Our belongings have been procreating in the closets. We went off to Giant (a bargain department store) to buy big suitcases. S$40  each. Amazing. They only have to last one flight. We never travel this heavy!

Aside from stuffing belongings into these huge bags that are restricted by weight and 50 lbs comes too soon, there is also all these many currencies left over.

Nancy and Rod are going to buy some of our foreign currencies. We have Myanmar 1410 kyats which comes to S$1.84!
673,000 Indonesian rupiah comes to S$73.65.
The hard one to count was Vietnamese dongs 10,060,000. That comes to $597. Why did I have so much? I don't know. But counting those zeros. It took me many times over, I had to put them in piles, and count over and over. I will have Nancy check. I could be out by many zeros.

Our last sleep in our apartment is tonight. It is very charged. We have had such a lovely time, exciting travel, and wonderful time together. We are both a little soft about leaving that behind.

But the call of children and family and friends is loud. Such mixed yin/yang, bittersweet feelings, as is most of life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment