Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tim's last day wearing a tie

Tim is on his last flight. He will get in 5 pm, and a group meets his last flight. Five of us are going out to be at Arrivals. Some management will be there and they do a little thing and cut his tie off. Last flight that Tim will wear a tie. He still has his little airplane that will sit at the dock at Southwinds, but no tie need. No shoes needed. No shirt needed.

But his last flight in a uniform, and this is the last photo of the "twins" at Tiger. Everybody confused Rod with Tim. They both look alike!? I guess to the Asians. But Tim is known as "the nice one" says Rod. They joined at the same time at Air Canada, were in line together signing up, and followed each other, one number away in seniority for 33 years. But funnily enough, Rod, 3 months older, retired before Tim, so Tim now has priority over Rod at AC. Finally a catch up.



I am really thinking I am going to find a closet full of junk that I have not dealt with. I had NOTHING to do yesterday so went off to Gardens by the Bay to see the tulip showing. It was voluptuous. The scent of tulips, the mass of colours. I have a zillion pics (at least) but will post two. Wafts of colours, and wafts of that delicate scent. It fed my soul. And primed me for my first Ontario Spring in three years. Whoopppee!










I find myself saying goodbye to things and people. I remember doing that when were packing from Connaught Circle, but wish I had a stronger memory of those farewells. So here are some for Singapore. The iconic Marina Bay Sands Resort downtown, the a amazing infinity pool on top, the views of the city magnificent, the logistics of the engineering with the curve supporting what is at the top. I love it. It commands a view from all over, it is the first place I suggest visitors go to, and I am so glad we did a staycation and I experienced that roof top pool.





Our apartment. 23-05 of Aquamarine Tower at 50 Bayshore Park, on Bayshore Road. The condo complex is wonderful. The grounds are very green and quiet and spacious, and wonderfully landscaped. (except the fake grass they have started to put in!)




The view from our now empty balcony. A somber day with some haze. I have heard that the haze is coming soon and going to be worse that last year (is it possible?) and for 2 months. Yuck.




So the last flight tonight. The party tomorrow night, then Friday Saturday empty !!! and we fly out very early Sunday. To Hong Kong. And then standby to TO. With 6 oversized suitcases, ($$$) and oversold flights. We could get in as early as Sunday night. 12 hours in the plane and get to TO the same time we left HK.


So this might be the last post from Singapore. Or it might not be.


2 comments:

  1. Jane! It's Kat, Trent's wife - blogger, katjuju.com. We met this evening at Tim's farewell. I had so much fun talking to you and really wish you guys the best on your new/next adventure. If you need any help or advice or suggestion or whatever with your blog, find me on mine and drop me an email (katjujume@yahoo.com). I would love to read and follow you on your next 'travel chapter'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, your comment box works good. Nothing wrong and out of the ordinary ;D

    ReplyDelete