Monday, April 7, 2014

I do love synchronicity

We still have three weeks before leaving, but I wanted to say goodbye to my dear friend Kate. She has the yoga studio I attend. Tomorrow I am off sailing for 4 days, and during that time she is off to South Africa to visit her family. She gets back the day we finish up here. So although very early to say a farewell, it would have to be. I was wondering how I could track her down with the bit of time I had today.

Shopping for groceries for our sailing trip tomorrow I bumped in to her in the mall! I came to her studio with her and was able to have a visit. It was wonderful to have a proper farewell. But I do have to say that I plan to come back to Singapore next Fall to go on her annual yoga retreat. So it was a 5 month goodbye. But to bump in to her at the mall. Wonderful synchronicity.

Tim's sister Jeanette, is visiting from Whistler. Actually she came via Labrador where she competed in Masters cross country ski. She got 5 bronze medals. She came from in Labrador -20 to  Singapore 30'! Tim, Jeanette and I are off to Thailand tomorrow. We fly to Phuket, and fly out of Krabi. Phuket is an peninsula that hangs down the west side of Thailand. We will sail with Norm east across the bay to the mainland of Thailand, to Krabi. We have been to both places on holidays so I know how beautiful it will be. But to spend 4 days on a sailboat there is beyond exciting.

It is a boat, I think 40'. It sleeps 8, 3 bedrooms below and one in the bow. Norm has all the diving gear on his boat, he has a kayak, a bbq, a bimini, and it should be very beautiful. We went with him way back when we first got here. I was still very sick, and could not manage the ladder so did no swimming. I am looking forward to be a part of the activities on the boat this time. I am taking ziploc bags of salads, (quinoa and bean) that can travel tomorrow on the flight, and am thrilled to be able to contribute to the kitchen. Oops, galley. Last visit I had no idea what to take. I did know not to bring rum. He has something like 13 bottles of rum!

We, the three Callahans, went to hear the SSO last week. St John Passion by Bach. It was wonderful. They did it with traditional instruments. That would be a theorbor, and a viol da gamba. A theorbor is a lute/guitar like instrument with a very long neck. Like three feet long. A viol da gamba is like a cello with no end pin, held between the legs. The sound is different to a cello. In all my years of playing, I never played with a theorbor. Again, the hall was wonderful, the acoustics perfect, and I was purring like a happy kitten.

Hoping you are warming up at home. I am beginning to think I am going to come home to snow! My sister Marnie was at our place in Bala Sunday, and the snow plow for the driveway has made an eight foot snow pile right where we hope to start building May 1. HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment