Sunday, February 10, 2013

Well it is about a year since my last trip alone


Hey, ski buddies. I am going to visit Mary and Emmett on the Gold Coast!

I will fly tonight, actually 2 a.m.!!!! Singapore Sydney, then 6 hours in the airport, urgh, and a connecting flight (pretty loose connection, I think -6 hours) to Gold Coast. Mary and Emmett will pick me up and I will stay with them for 4 days. They are in a condo on the beach (that was battered and bruised in the typhoon a few weeks ago).

I will then fly back to Sydney for 4 days, on my own. OMG is Oz ever expensive. Singapore is pretty pricey, but most of the places I have been travelling to are much less expensive than here. But not Australia. Ouch, hotels are expensive. I hope to see an opera performance while I am there.

The next stop is Perth. Had I know how expensive Perth is, I probably would not have gone. But I am committed now. My good friend Val, lived in Perth for years and loved it. So I am flying across the continent to see where she lived 20 years ago. hmmm it seemed to make sense at the time. Well, she has put me in touch with two friends there and I have enough info to last a month easy. So 3 days in Perth,(At one of the cheaper hotels- $400. OUCH) then an all-nighter home, leaves at 9:15p.m. and gets in at 3 a.m. to Singapore. These are the flights Tim flies.

I am starting to look at my next trip home. We have a wedding September 28 in Collingwood. At least I think we do. We don't have an invite yet, but we sure would come, if invited. AHEM, AHEM.

So I will look at coming home mid August, stay for the wedding and after in to October. Tim would take 10 days and just do the wedding. I want to get two weekends with the kids, and do Stratford one weekend, and Niagara on the Lake another weekend. Have to start working on that trip.

Hey, folks. I guess that you are keeping up with us, and what we are up to. But this is a one way conversation. I would love to hear from you and what you are up to. Just a short email every now and then would be great. It would help me feel connected.

2 comments:

  1. Yes yes you are invited to the wedding. Invites not out yet. Ben and Kristin sent a save the date card to Alex for him to take to you Did you not get it?.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane (and Tim)! Hope all is well. Lil's pics were pretty fab (I'm super jealous). The save the date was supposed to arrive with your offspring haha. If you didn't get one let us know and we'll send another. As Ann mentioned, invites aren't out yet, but expect one in the next few months :)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete