Saturday, February 2, 2013

the calm after the storm


The house is very empty. It is very quiet. I knew this would be, but, oh my, it sure is. Compounding this is that I am in bed. Not sure if it is a major allergy hit or a flu bug. But day three of cough, such sleepiness, and nose blowing. I have pulled a muscle coughing. Yuck.

As soon as the kids left, I signed myself up for a lecture, a tour, and yoga classes to keep busy. The only thing I made was a tour. Out into "rural Singapore" with lit highways, and building everywhere. Much land is being expropriated for development, so I am particularly glad I get to see these places. But "rural"?
A dragon pottery kiln. Dragon, because it is built in little adjoining kilns up a hill, looking a little like a dragon. They fire once a week, to show the ancient custom. Singapore wants it's traditions and customs honoured.  And provides an opportunity for the young Singaporeans to see. So many school trips to these places.

Next stop was "Bollywood Veggies". A garden, where there were many school trips touring. They are so cute, in their big sun hats, water bottle around their neck. We saw many fruits and veggies growing. Mango, papaya, curry leaves, kaffir lime,. Then a delicious veggie lunch there. 

But then I succumbed to whatever this is, and have been lying low for 4 days. It does make the house emptier, when I hang around all day feeling lousy.

Here are some photos of Siem Reap. Angkor Wat. Camdodia.  (wat means temple) We took a tour in Siem Reap which included a river tour.

Life on the river


 Oops, someone's home?
Seven of us at Angkor Wat
 Alex and Elizabeth
after much travelling
Angkor Wat walls
Add caption
Little person saying "payonedollar" (for photo op)
 Alex and Heidi at Angkor Wat


No comments:

Post a Comment