Thursday, August 8, 2013

Oh I am happy

I am back in Toronto, and seeing my kids. I am happy.

Flight over was as painless as it could be. I had a positive space on Tiger to get to Hong Kong. Then a comfortable 4 hour layover to get bags, and go to Air Canada. I got "J" seat. We had bought a "J" pass. You don't need to know the details, but there were J seats empty and I got one.

Even better, there was one seat open on take off, so Tim could look at the load and know I was on. Whether I slept or not, I never really know, but much shut-eye, and felt pretty good upon arrival. Alex and Heidi were there to greet me. Oh it was so wonderful. We never meet the flight, we arrange to drive past outside and pick up. It was wonderful to see them as I came out the door.

A visit with them, dinner with them (Elizabeth was in Muskoka and expected back Monday afternoon).
I am staying at Elizabeth's and went to bed early, not bad sleep, and was up early. I left the house, Elizabeth's apartment,  just before eight. Apparently she had come down late the night before and was going to surprise me by showing up at 8 a.m.! Best laid plans. She saw I was out and thought I must have gone for a walk. By ten she was wondering where I was. I had slowly made my way to Yorkdale to get my phone set up. As soon as it was hooked up there was a message from her- where are you? I had spoiled her surprise.

But also a message came in from my friend Dianne asking if I could come to Collingwood the next day. Ski buddies were doing a golf/pot luck BBQ and could I see the gang. Alex lent me his car, and I was not too sleepy, so I drove up for supper Tuesday. What fun. To see about 20 of my BC skiing buddies. Wonderful happenstance that I could make it on such short notice.

Am heading up to Southwinds this afternoon for the weekend. Elizabeth and Steve are coming. Also my dear niece Cindy and her two boys (3 and 5?). Can't wait.

I realize some things I miss and don't miss. How wonderful to get COLD water out of the taps. Singapore taps never give cold water. I can have a shower that is "cold". It is cool only. I find the lack of variety in the weather in Sg means getting dressed is a no brainer. Tank top, pants, sandals. That's it. Here, should I wear a sweater? wear closed in shoes? socks?OMG!, umbrella. In Singapore a no brainer, rain doesn't matter because if you get wet you dry so quickly. And I can walk outside. I don't do a lot of walking outside in Sg because it is so damn hot. It is wonderful to stretch my legs outside. And the parks in downtown TO are wonderful. Everything is so lush, because of all the rain.

I won't be posting as often in the next 2 months. No exotic trip, just hanging with my chillens and sisters and friends. Yum. I will back to Singapore and "exotic life" HA early October. with my sister Marne!!!

My tel # here is 416 420 6112. If any Toronto types want to text or call. I would love to get together. I have time!






No comments:

Post a Comment