Saturday, August 24, 2013

It's been a while

I am in Toronto at my daughter Elizabeth's. I was out to Regina for the weekend. My girlfriend Patty was celebrating her 60th birthday. I surprised her. She was surprised. Didn't know I was in Canada! (That tells me she doesn't read my blog! HA) When she saw me she had the classic "am I seeing a ghost" look.

Had a great weekend, superb weather, a party with the gang, a swim at the lake.

Headed then to Kelowna, and met by my friends there, Heinz and Sylvie. Had a wonderful visit with them. Saw their new condo. They made many wonderful changes to the condo I had seen last time I was there. It is beautiful, right on Lake Kelowna, walking along the beach, boardwalk, walking to everything. Wonderful.

Up to Vernon, stayed with Rae and Brian, and looked at the painting. We bought a VERY BIG painting in South Africa and had it sent to Vernon, Tim imagining a wall it might fit on. Well, it is very big. Bigger than I thought. We'll see where it will hang. Saw our place, being so well looked after by our tenants/friends Ron and Jean. We are very lucky.

Kelowna to Vancouver fine, but Vancouver to Toronto not. An equipment change, to a smaller plane,  rendered Air Canada with a long standby list. The joys of flying the way we do. My 9:00 flight became the 10:00. then the 11:00, then the 12:00. I finally made it out to TO at 1:30.

Missed a dinner (with Elizabeth, Steve, his parents, Ray and Jan , and brother Chris) but came directly to the restaurant and got dessert!

Have been loving walking everywhere. The weather is perfect September weather, crystal bright blue cloudless sky, cool in the shade, hot in the sun, and cooling down at night. It is heaven. Or taking the TTC. I am like a tourist here and having fun.

Off to a bbq tonight at a friend Val's, tomorrow to Hamilton, to a shower for the bride of the Sept 28th wedding we are here for, on Sunday afternoon.

Then off to Southwinds in Bala for a few weeks. Alex has lent me his car, I will drive it down next Thursday and get a ride back up to Southwinds Friday with my brother-in-law Friday. Then I will be at Southwinds without a car, for a few weeks. That is a first! I do like making do without a car!

Hang in with me. Do not fade away. I will be back to exotic travelling, I promise. I am now starting to look at Myanmar, and a safari to India, with a yoga retreat attached.

Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane and Tim...I have just started following your blog...fascinating...Here is the "believe it or not" part...Norm Dowd is my first cousin!!...I just met your son Alex today, along with Heidi, at my new friend and neighbour's home, Jill Foster..."Small world" doesn't seem adequate to this coincidence of connections...Look forward to reading more of your blogs, and learning about life in Singapore...Marylou

    ReplyDelete
  2. As short as it was, it was good to see you other than skype! Looking forward to seeing you at your place in Singapore!!!!

    ReplyDelete