Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I wrote a post and just erased it.

Urgh!
But I do want to touch base before my yoga retreat. I am ready and waiting for my limo to the airport. Tim got this credit card that gives free limo to the airport. He uses it for work! And he is going to take me in a bit.
My yoga studio has a 5 day retreat at a private villa "Sepoi-Sepoi" Lombok, Indonesia. Google it if you want to eat you heart out. I will report back next week if I have found yet another paradise. It looks likely.
We celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving with the Canadian Association Singapore. They hold it at the American Club, (they do turkey best in Singapore). It was lovely. Tim was working and got there for pumpkin pie. I sat with two Singaporean families. One was Tim's emergency dentist. Actually had gone to UWO for his degree, then taught at UofT and moved back to Singapore. The other guy was born in Vancouver but his business moved him  back to Singapore! His son is at UBC Kelowna, and he was in the Okanagan this summer taking his son to school. It was lovely to be with Singaporeans, and their very well behaved children, girls 6-9. Sweet.
They do a turkey for each table. We had a 20 lb turkey for the 10 of us. They then package up the leftovers turkey for us to take home!
I am having fun with plants. I have a lovely gardenia (about 4' tall) in fragrant bloom. I have several jasmine. And I have started tomatoes. I have no idea if it will work, in this climate and with the winds we have on the balcony, but we will see. I have planted Datura seeds but no sign of them yet. I bought these seeds in TO and brought them over.
So think of me lolling on the beach and poolside at this private villa, doing yoga to stretch out the tense muscles of having to bear such stress! HA
Photos next time. My computer is misbehaving. Badly.


No comments:

Post a Comment