Thursday, April 4, 2013

A quiet moment

I have a bit of time, and am trying to stay awake and lively. Judy and Gord and Cammie arrive just after midnight tonight. So I will head out to the airport to  meet them at midnight.

Tim has gone to bed. He gets up at 3:30 a.m. -3:30 - and will not be home until tomorrow afternoon. A very early start to his day. And a late to bed for me. We can go days without really having a conversation or a meal together. I don't know how he does it. But he is blessed as a good napper. He can store up ahead and after these gruelling flights.

It has been a busy few weeks. It is now two months with no pain. Yippee!

I have done some cooking classes. A woman a 30 minute walk from here teaches vegetarian cooking in her home. I have done a Sri Lankan cooking class, a super foods class, a private where she gave me recipes for meals for Tim to take on these overnight flights. Good protein, no carb overhang of the sleepies. It is great. I have a goal - to be able to identify the difference between Vietnamese, Thai, Cambodian, Malay, Sri Lankan, Indian cuisine/spices. Quite a challenge I think.

But I have a year.

I also want to learn Tai Chi. There are classes a 15 minute bike ride away, free, Saturday mornings at 6! Hmmm. My sleep is getting better so I am thinking of setting an alarm to get there. When in Rome. Well when in Asia I should learn Tai Chi. I learned some a few years ago. But I have lost it. I have not lost the wonderful feeling of focussing, and discipline. (My osteopath also said it would be really good for the fibro.)

We went to see Noir, a show by Cirque de Soliel, and it was fantastic. Maybe the most entertaining event I have ever seen. It was in a very small theatre, smaller than Stratford Festival Theater. A cast of maybe 20 performers put on the most entertaining, awesome, funny funny evening. Do catch it if it comes to a theater near you.

Not sure how the next few weeks will unfold. Judy and family will be taking trips from here, and whether I go with, or do some travelling of my own, remains to unfold. I have a friend in Georgetown that I might go visit. And I have to plan our trips to Maldives and Borneo for May and June.

The weather here is stinking hot. It really is as hot as it has been since coming Jan 2013. And has been so for weeks. Yikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment