Tuesday, March 26, 2013

life is good

I am just kind of ruminating about the last year. My palette it gloriously colourful. Lots of great ups and few downs. Life is good good.

It has been over a year. I went to the doctor today and reported to her that I am without pain, and have been for one and a half months! I only whisper it, and every morning when I wake up, I kind of check my knees before getting out of bed. If they bend without pain that is a good thing. It is good.

I really think that the combination of modalities I am doing is what is working. Tim reminds me that I am very lucky to be here to access my activities that I think are helping.

I was sent to an ear/nose/throat doctor who gave me some things to sleep better. I had been told that the amount of sleep I was getting was not enough to allow the body to repair. He suggested sleeping on my side and doing a nasal rinse morning and night. I have to say I was very sceptical that it would do anything, but I am sleeping  longer and deeper. And I feel better.

I see an osteopath regularly. I didn't really know what an osteopath was. Well, you lie on a table and he digs his elbow in to your rump, and jabs you til you say until "uncle". Then he smiles and digs deeper. He sticks his fingers under my ribs and pulls at them. They actually move for him. He digs under my tailbone and pulls it. It moves too! All this with a smile. Very painful when he does it, but I feel better.

I go to massage downstairs here in the complex. A tiny Malaysian girl, Suzi, has been working on me for a year. I have to say it is harder for her to hurt me the way she used to. That means things are better, and I feel better.

I go to yoga as often as I can, a good week, four or five times. I have a program to do at home, or in the gym, or when travelling. No excuses for not doing yoga every day. But....

I try to either do yoga or  a program in the gym, or swim every day. And massage and osteo once a week. I have never had the luxury if all this egocentric activity. But I am without symptoms.

I went to my rheumatologist and reported that and expected her to say. "Lovely, the fibromyalgia seems to have gone" Instead she said "Lovely. Some patients do report a relief from symptoms for a period". So a month and a half is great and I am going for indefinite relief.

My sister Judy is coming next month with her husband and grand daughter Cammie. They will be here 3 weeks, going and coming from Singapore to Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam. So I am looking at our trips for May and June.

This is where I pinch myself. I am looking at Maldives for early May. I have heard it is gorgeous, and after all, Royalty goes there for a getaway. Well, I looked it up on a map to find out where it is, and am putting together 5 days in May to the Maldives.

Kota Kinabalu Malaysia is supposed to be amazing, and we have 10 days in June. Both these places are for fantastic diving, and I hope snorkelling, and have hotel villas, where the rooms are on stilts in the ocean. You look out your bedroom balcony to the fish swimming in the turquoise water under you. hmmmm.....


No comments:

Post a Comment