Monday, January 7, 2013

I am so happy

A short post to say that I am so happy. My kids are here, and I am doing what I love to do most, to be a Mom.

We are having a wonderful visit. Alex and Heidi came Dec 30th and had no problem with jet lag. They had very anxious moments, on their flight over. They strated in Fredericton (where they had been for Christmas with Heidi's Mom Jill) and a huge winter storm caused chaos with flights. They were late in to TO, missed their connection to NY where their NY/Hong Kong/Singapore was not renegotiable (gift from A's Aunt Skip). All's well that ends well and Alex worried well enough that it all worked.
They have been troopers and I think they might know Singapore better than me now. They walk the city. I travel by MRT, so I have no idea how places join together above ground. They do.

Steve, Elizabeth's boyfriend , arrived with his family, New Year's Eve afternoon from HK. After they settled in a hotel we spent NYE together. We had folks here, had champagne, shrimp, salmon, and a lovely evening, highlighted by not only fabulous fireworks from all over the city, but also flares from the ships that sit out in the Strait, off our balcony. It was magic.

Elizabeth arrived 2 days later, and the troops were amassed. We are having a wonderful time. The kids go off, I meet them, maybe not, we have had wonderful meals out, and in. They are cooking supper tonight.

Tomorrow the 6 of us are off to Georgetown, Malaysia. The Lone Pine. Tim and I were there in June or so, and we loved it. An old Colonial hotel, on the beach, Ferrenghi Beach (foreigner's beach), fabulous service, a free shuttle in to Georgetown, lots of beach activities on the beach, and a night market outside the hotel. 4 Days there, back for 2 days, the 5 of us off to Thailand, Railay Beach,(again where Tim and I were and loved it), Steve off to Taiwan and home.
The rest of the month is TBA. I am ready to put together any trips, Tim is back at work, so it all remains unplanned.

Just wanted to post so you won't forget about me.

I hope 2013 is as kind to you as it looks like it is going to be to me/us.
With wishes for good health, and being surrounded by the love of family and good friends,

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment