Saturday, March 24, 2012

what a day!!!

Part of my three weeks back in Canada was to go to a family party in Bala. My Mom lived in Bala, and usually we would do a skating party early December and that would be our family Christmas gathering. Because Mom died October 29, and we were all together for early November, we made our skating party at the end of March. So today we had our party. It was 10' outside, about 30 of us (there are 50 if we are all present!) went to the Bala Arena to skate, and back to Mom's for pizza and ice-cream bars. It was gorgeous on the deck, the kids could play outside all day, and it was divine. I saw my siblings (3 of 4) and saw their kids, and it was wonderful.
The photos kind of tell the story of the day. My son Alex and his bride Heidi, bundled up skating, and then sitting in the sun on the deck after. And my nephew Gord catching some shut-eye in the midst of the commotion of the party. It was a marvellous day.
Since Regina, and St Pat's....
Got back to Toronto for the launch party of my daughter Elizabeth's new business "Lilly's Lunches" (delivery on her bicycle of homemade lunch to your office in downtown Toronto). It was a fabulous party in a tiny restaurant/bar in Kensington Market in Toronto. It was a superb evening, sunny warm, 25', a great crowd of young people, and I got to see all my kids' friends. I had a ball.
I have seen my chiropractor in Toronto. She is a magician. I am feeling so much better. A long way to go, but definitely better. Still not exactly clear what it is, but on December 16, the day the house deal closed, my nervous system became inflamed. So it is dying down. I was told if I had not got on to it when I did I could have had permanent damage. Yikes! I am one lucky person.
I have a few more days here, and off to Tokyo/Singapore next Tuesday.
Be in touch when I am back HOME with Tim in Singapore.


I have seen friends. I went to my book club meeting. I have seen my kids. I have seen my sisters and family. It has really restored me! I feel like I was home to set the reset button on this adventure. It was a tough start me feeling so miserable, Tim going through his hoops. Now things are on track. I am excited to head back to Singapore, fix up the apartment as our home, and restart my adventure.

2 comments:

  1. great news to hear from you, Jane. The stars are all lined up again for you. hallelujah!!!!!
    Hugs to Tim and keep in touch. So good to see you as short as it was..... hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you had a good visit. Sorry we missed seeing you. I am happy you listened to my Dr. advice and got the proper treatement.
    Have a good trip back and ENJOY once you are back.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete