Monday, July 28, 2014

Garage is above ground. Now it should seem to go faster.


It seems that this job is so slow. The prep work always seems to go slowly. You don't see the progress. And our builder Al says everything that can go wrong has gone wrong with the Township and permits and bureaucracy. I am totally happy. Remind me of this when I am steaming mad at the slow progress.

We have the cement floor poured, the inspector in, and the walls went up today. So we can see where the doors and windows will be. It is very exciting.





We had a family reunion on the weekend. The Callaghans. My mother's family. This very weird being a Callahan. My mom was a Callaghan, married Walter McAdam, so I grew up McAdam, and then  I married a Callahan. So this was a reunion of my Mom's family. My great grandfather Callaghan bought here in Bala in the early 1900's. I am fourth generation on this land. And am named Callahan.  It is sort of weird.
We had over 100 show up, some I had never met, grand children of my cousins. My Mother's progeny counted for over 30 of them! It was a wonderful day.




I just have to add photos of my kids. Alex and Heidi





Elizabeth and Steve.




My Aunt Gracey Callaghan, the lone representative of my Mom's generation. She is the widow of my Mom's brother John







Our place is a hive of activity. Along with the garage guys, we have the landscapers. Very exciting. Doing hard scape, rocks, stone patio, stone paths. The rocks they have are magnificent.
.




You are very patient if you are still reading. Thanks





No comments:

Post a Comment